Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: Defragmenting non-tcp streams

From: Guy Harris <guy () alum mit edu>
Date: Thu, 7 Jan 2010 04:05:14 -0800

On Jan 7, 2010, at 3:45 AM, paul () wsh sbrk co uk wrote:

Well, I am reassembling the packets in a burst transfer, but first of all
I have to reassemble the bytes in the USB transfer which is just a byte
stream.

OK, so those (reassembling the bytes in the USB transfer, and reassembling the packets in a burst transfer) should be
done as separate levels of reassembly.  (I speak here from experience, having fixed the TDS dissector in a similar
fashion a while ago; it also deals with two layers of reassembly, which it originally tried doing at one level - that
had a number of bugs, fixed by doing the two layers separately.)

At the "ANT running atop USB" layer, how do you get the packet boundaries?