Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: Capture/Filter Squid Session

From: David Alanis <canito () dalan us>
Date: Thu, 08 Jul 2010 13:08:11 -0500

Quoting Patrick Preuss <patrick.preuss () googlemail com>:

Hello David,

First let me explain the Setup:

We have some clients somewhere in our network they
access a citrix based application in the internet via the squid proxy.
Due to our Policies it is not possible to install a sniffer on our
proxy servers.

We had setup some port mirrors on our switches.

The Goal is to capture the traffic witch is directed to the citrix
server before the proxy.
Behind the proxy this is not the problem.

On this System we have some gigabytes of traffic  and i can not
capture this complete traffic.

Patrick Preuss
patrick.preuss () gmail com

ICQ: 173078899