Wireshark mailing list archives

newbie question about https

From: john doe <thebiggestbangtheory () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2010 14:01:12 -0700

Dear all,
        I am a relative newbie with wireshark and am going through some
tutorials. I ran a capture on a site with https:// and was testing for sqli
on it with an automated open-source tool. When I look at the capture, I do
not seem to be able to decode the data.

My goal is to see the actual html returned as a result of the testing.

Steps I followed: 1) started wireshark 2) opened up site in browser 3)
started testing tool.

Can someone please point me to a tutorial which deals with analyzing https
streams. I looked up some tutrials but they assume that you have the servers
private key, which I cannot get.

Thanks.