Wireshark mailing list archives

Trouble with "contains" filter!

From: George Vandelet <george_vandelet () yahoo com>
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2010 12:03:16 -0700 (PDT)

I have rececently found the "contains" filter in wireshark which is VERY
powerful.  For instance, if I only want to see http packets that contain the
string "SOAP" I could used the filter "http contains SOAP".  However, if I wish
to use the filter to show http packts that DONT contain the string SOAP, I can
not do it!  I have tried using the following without success.
 http contains !(SOAP)
 http contains !SOAP
 http !contains SOAP

 Does anyone know a way to negatiate the "contains" filter?

 Thanks,

 George