Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: Wireshark Capture Filter Using Offset

From: "j.snelders" <j.snelders () telfort nl>
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2010 06:32:14 +0200

I think  the capture filter should be (but can't test it right now):
dns[2:2]==0x2800

http://wiki.wireshark.org/CaptureFilters
http://procana.homeunix.com/#BON

My best
Joke

On Mon, 19 Jul 2010 17:27:09 -0400 George E Burns wrote:

Hello,

I have a question regarding "capture" filters.  Specifically, I need to

write a low level filter that will capture dynamic DNS update packets
containing the opcode value of 0x05.  I know what the offset value is
(0x2C and 0x2D) in the payload, but apparently I am missing something when

trying to understand the correct "tcp dump" syntax to use as part of the

capture filter in Wireshark.

Capture Filter:         udp[2c] == 28 and udp[2d] == 00

Any input is greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
geburns
This e-mail contains information which may be privileged, confidential,
proprietary,
trade secret and/or otherwise legally protected. If you are not the intended
recipient, please do not distribute this e-mail. Instead, please delete
this
e-mail from your system, and notify us that you received it in error. No
waiver of any applicable privileges or legal protections is intended (and
nothing herein shall constitute such a waiver), and all rights are reserved.