Wireshark mailing list archives

Crash In Wireshark Package

From: Vishal Kumar Singh <vishal.ismdh () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2010 14:28:47 +0530

Hi All,

I am trying to build a custom dissector. But, when, I try to capture the the
intended packet. The program terminates with segmentation fault, saying
"report size exceeds the quota size, a crash in the package
wireshark-gnome-1.2.2-1.fc12"

I debugged it. Using backtrace, I came to know that col_add_fstr() function
is not being invoked properly. If I comment out the function col_add_fstr().
The wireshark runs properly, but, I have to use this function to decode my
packet properly.

Can anyone please tell me, what would be the possible reason ? Or, what
library file is required to support this function ? Or, Is there any other
library function which functions in the same way ?

Thanks & Regards,

Vishal Kumar Singh
Software Engineer
A R I C E N T