Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: Sprintf weirdness

From: Guy Harris <guy () alum mit edu>
Date: Tue, 1 Jun 2010 21:59:13 -0700

On Jun 1, 2010, at 9:31 PM, Eloy Paris wrote:

Just a suggestion: why don't you try to use the PRIxxx macros defined in
stdint.h? I believe they're pretty portable since they are specified by
ISO C99.

Make that "pretty portable to platforms that support ISO C99"; unfortunately, Windows+Microsoft Visual Studio, which is
the platform he's using now, doesn't happen to be one of those platforms.  Microsoft might happen to have implemented
that particular C99 feature, but they don't claim to have implemented all of C99, and I don't think they have.