Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: tcpdump

From: Guy Harris <guy () alum mit edu>
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2010 15:22:17 -0700

On Jun 21, 2010, at 7:31 AM, Andrew Hood wrote:

Guy Harris wrote:
On Jun 19, 2010, at 7:08 PM, Guy Harris wrote:

isn't working, because the feedback it depends on (the Fragmentation Required messages) aren't getting through to
the sender.

"...*isn't* getting through to the router".  (It needs to agree with "feedback", not with "messages" in the
parenthetical note.)

Sender was right. It is up to the sender to frag packets (by
retransmitting with a smaller MTU) if they were sent with DF set.

Actually, what I wanted to say there was "...*isn't* getting through to the sender"; I was fixing the singular/plural
agreement of "feedback it depends on" and "isn't getting through", I wasn't intending to change "sender" to "router".