Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: [Wireshark-commits] rev 33048: /trunk/ /trunk/epan/dissectors/: packet-ber.c packet-pres.c /trunk/asn1/pres/: pres.cnf

From: Graeme Lunt <graeme () lunt uk com>
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2010 16:40:24 +0100

Jeff,.

Like the issue that the patch highlighted with Stig's presentation example,
an IMPLICITly OCTET STRING looks similar to a EXPLICITly tagged ANY - until
you start looking at the constructed bit.

The ansi_tcap dissector is decoding an OCTET STRING - when I don't think it
needs to.

Attached is the fix I think you require to ansi_tcap - but it might break
other things - I don't know much about the protocol. Certainly it makes your
example capture file work and simplifies the conformance file. If it breaks
other things, let me know and I'll go back to the drawing board.

Graeme