Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: Reduce frequency of digest mailings to daily?

From: Gerald Combs <gerald () wireshark org>
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2010 15:30:18 -0800

dbarry () princesscruises com wrote:

I apologize for cluttering the list with this, but  I did try sending
this to the admin address without response.  In any case, I am thinking
it might be of  multiple interest.

I am signed up for the digest verion of the mailing, but unlike most
digests that are daily, this one is produced dozens of times daily.
 Is it possible to reduce the frequency in a way I have missed?

If the archives at   http://www.wireshark.org/lists/wireshark-users more
felaxible to use, I would, however, there just isn't there.  Frankly, I
wish there was a more "forum" like method of support, but I seem to
recall seeing somewhere some real opposition to that.
<http://www.wireshark.org/lists/wireshark-users>

Again, sorry for the meta discussion.   Feel free to reply off the list
to me directly if you feel it would be more appropriate.

The digest size threshold defaulted to 30KB, which is a small value for
the volume of messages the list gets. I increased it to 800.

For everyone who receives -users as a digest, would you rather get lots
of small digests, a few medium-sized ones, or a gigantic daily message?

--
Join us for Sharkfest ’10! · Wireshark® Developer and User Conference
Stanford University, June 14-17 · http://www.cacetech.com/sharkfest.10/