Wireshark mailing list archives

use tshark as part of one application

From: yassine antir <ensi_yes () hotmail com>
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2010 18:17:42 +0100

Hi,

i am working in one application where am using tshark. i have two issues to fix:

1) i am using the tshark code on my application so we can say in other words thark is the listening part of the
application
the application is multithreading one where multiple threads share the libwireshark librairies and use the same tshark
functions
the problem is that an assertion acquired (my case in ftypes file (don*t re-register) and probably there is more
assertions afterwards) in case i am trying to create multiple threads

2) the second issue is that i need to use functions of ringbuffer.h but i got undefined reference of it when linking
although ringbuffer.c is part of the application
i tried to define function as extern in the header but doesnt resolve problem