Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: malformed packet

From: Eloy Paris <peloy () chapus net>
Date: Tue, 02 Mar 2010 10:00:49 -0500

On 03/02/2010 08:48 AM, Brian Oleksa wrote:

Does anybody know why I am getting a malformed packet..??

The data in the wireshark gui looks perfect (I hard coded the packet so
I am seeing what I am expecting to see)...
but at the end of every packet there is this ugly pink "Malformed Packet".

Anybody have any ideas..??

Without seeing the packet it's hard to say what is malformed about it.
Could be missing data, a field with invalid data, etc. Can you tell us
how you crafted this packet?

Cheers,

Eloy Paris.-
netexpect.org