Wireshark mailing list archives

RSL over LAPD over UDP not parsed

From: Christian de Waal <Christian.deWaal () onephone de>
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2010 16:49:49 +0100

Dear all,

I have some tcpdump traces where I am very sure that the protocol stack used is RSL over LAPD over UDP. However, the
RSL over LAPD part is not parsed by Wireshark, but only displayed as hex data. I have tried to find some configuration
possibility to manually assign LAPD to the non standard UDP port number which is used in this case, but I failed.

Therefore my question, can I somehow configure Wireshark to parse LAPD and RSL inside the UDP packets? If this is not
possible configuration-wise, could someone point me to the places in the source code where I would have to make changes
to "hard code" this protocol stack into a special Wireshark version which I could use specifically for these traces
only?

Thanks a lot in advance for your help!

BR,
Christian de Waal

[cid:imageb97751.jpg@bbaf8a22.54f44a1c]
______________________________
Christian de Waal - Value Added Service IP Engineer

Tel:    +49 (211) 5423 5006
Mobil:  +49 (1577) 540 5006
Fax:    +49 (211) 5423 5099
E-Mail: christian.dewaal () onephone de
Web:    http://www.onephone.de<http://www.onephone.de/>

OnePhone Deutschland GmbH
D?sseldorfer Str.16
40699 Erkrath, Deutschland

Gesch?ftsf?hrer: Marc Mauermann
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Erkrath, D?sseldorfer Str.16, D-40699 Erkrath
HRB 21674 Wuppertal

[cid:imageb96119.gif@3c5e3dda.ca8940d7] Think green! Please consider the environment before printing this email.