Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: Error while starting Wireshark 1.2.7

From: M K <gedropi () gmail com>
Date: Sat, 1 May 2010 06:44:12 -0800

Can possibly be a compilation problem.

On 4/30/10, Vinod Parameswaran <vinodp () infoscience otago ac nz> wrote:
Hello list,

I would like to seek your expert advice on an error that I see while trying
to start Wireshark 1.2.7.

I have installed Wireshark on Fedora Core 12.

When I try to start Wireshark from the command-line, I see the following
error:

wireshark: symbol lookup error: /usr/lib/libwireshark.so.0: undefined
symbol: g_malloc_n

I could not get any help after trying to google for this particular error
string.

Kindly share your thoughts on what could be causing this problem.

Thanks in advance for your time and advice.

regards
Vin