Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: Plugging decoder scripts into Wireshark

From: Jake Peavy <djstunks () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 11 May 2010 14:24:01 -0400

On Mon, May 10, 2010 at 5:10 PM, Jaap Keuter <jaap.keuter () xs4all nl> wrote:

Hi,

Wireshark is made to be very extensible. Natively its dissectors are
written in
C, but LUA and, in the development version, Python support is build in as
well.
This allows you to dissect the protocol data found in the captured frames.
Dissectors written in C can be added as plugins to a Wireshark
installation, LUA
and Python scripts are added through configuration files.

Have a look at the documentation provided through the Wireshark webpage.

Python, sweet!  I didn't realize that was on the roadmap, but I'm glad it
is!

--
-jp

It seemed to me that, somehow, the blue jay was trying to communicate with
me. I would see him fly into the house across the way, pick up the
telephone, and dial. My phone would ring, and it would be him, but it was
just this squawking and cheeping. "What?! What?!" I would yell back, but he
never did speak English.

deepthoughtsbyjackhandey.com