Wireshark mailing list archives

Hi. regarding 'visited' bit

From: Ari Yoskovitz <ariyosko () gmail com>
Date: Sun, 16 May 2010 16:36:45 +0300

Hi.

I am using the pinfo->fd->flags.visited bit in my dissector.
I have discovered (after a lot of debugging...) the sometimes this bit is
asserted even on the first run, namely when the packet was not visited...
It happens very rarely, but when it does the results are destructive.

Am I missing anything? Is this a bug?

Thanks.

BTW It looks to me that this bit has to be manually set to 1 when the packet
is being visited for the first time. Again, am I wrong here? Thanks.

--
Use the source, Luke!