Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: Playing PCAP files onto the network.

From: Dave Somerset <dsjwork () live co uk>
Date: Mon, 17 May 2010 15:39:03 +0100

Hi Joan,

Many thanks for the reply.

I have tried both tools adnd both work just fine.

Regards Dave

Date: Fri, 14 May 2010 15:06:27 +0200
From: j.snelders () telfort nl
To: wireshark-users () wireshark org
Subject: Re: [Wireshark-users] Playing PCAP files onto the network.

Hi Dave,

Here are 2 tools:
Colasoft Packet Player
http://www.colasoft.com/download/products/download_packet_player.php

PlayCap - Playback for Wireshark Captures
http://www.signal11.us/oss/playcap/
http://www.lovemytool.com/blog/2009/12/playcap_playback_for_wireshark_capture_files_by_joke_snelders.html

Best regards
Joan

On Fri, 14 May 2010 13:31:25 +0100 Dave Somerset wrote:

I am currently involved in an audio recording project and need to test my
application with real L16 encoded RTP data. This data is available on the
customers network and can easily be captured using Wireshark.

My problem is that I cannot see a way of playing the PCAP captured RTP file
back out onto the network using Wireshark. Is it possible for Wireshark
do this? If so how is it achieved?

Failing that, is there another tool that will take a Wireshark produced
PCAP
file and play this back out over a network?