Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: Looking for a portable sniffing-friendly hub/switch

From: "mr.k" <sigafoose () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 20 May 2010 18:24:01 -0400

Some cool things..

It seems that you dont need to configure the gs105e every time you
power it up, just plug and go. So Mac guys/gals wont have the burden
if they carry this around for quick out of the bag monitoring.

Also the ping issue with vlans seems not to be affecting the one I
have, and to do monitoring/mirroring you dont need vlans enabled.

Cheers,

Sig

It is a little aggrevating the traffic it generates for itsel