Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: usbmon: size of different fields?

From: Pete Zaitcev <zaitcev () redhat com>
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2010 08:21:23 -0700

On Tue, 9 Nov 2010 13:23:28 -0800
Guy Harris <guy () alum mit edu> wrote:
On Nov 9, 2010, at 12:05 PM, Németh Márton wrote:

OK, that's clear, the byte order of the API structure fields are in "host endian"
order. The API structures are already saved by Wireshark into file for quite some
time.

...and tcpdump.  Support for capturing on USB on Linux has been in
libpcap since at least libpcap 1.0.

I imagined that Nemeth wanted to implement an alternative to that.
Surely he knows how libpcap works. In that case a new, host-independent
format may be introduced. But userland is mysterious to me.

I'll make sure to document ISO descriptors properly. I was sure
I had done that, sorry.

-- Pete