Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: Filter for generated items

From: Stephen Fisher <steve () stephen-fisher com>
Date: Sun, 14 Nov 2010 08:55:07 -0700

On Sun, Nov 14, 2010 at 01:34:30PM +0100, Helge Kruse wrote:

Since proto_item_append_string is not exported, the function is not
available for my dissector DLL.

How can I either add a hack to my DLL to simulate
proto_item_append_string or provide another way to filter and find?

No need - I just committed SVN revision 34867 which added
proto_item_append_string() to the list of exported functions in
libwireshark.def in the epan directory.