Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: Spurious TCP SEQ/ACK analysis errors

From: Stephen Fisher <steve () stephen-fisher com>
Date: Tue, 2 Nov 2010 14:52:42 -0600

On Tue, Oct 19, 2010 at 06:25:09PM +0100, Graham Bloice wrote:

Even more oddly, the displayed warnings toggle on and off with every
click of the reload button, along with the Seq value in the first
packet (a SYN) changing from absolute to relative (in both the Info
column and the packet tree for TCP).

I believe I saw that recently too, but I was so focused on
troubleshooting a problem, that I turned toggled the relative sequence
number option and forgot about it.