Wireshark mailing list archives

HTTP web service traffic with large header

From: "Ellacott, Bruce (Bruce)** CTR **" <bruce.ellacott () alcatel-lucent com>
Date: Thu, 4 Nov 2010 11:11:48 -0500

I'm having trouble getting Wireshark to recognize HTTP traffic from SoapUi. I'm sending a large header (hoping to
reassemble the HTTP pdu and measure the size of the header). WireShark sees it just as TCP. It does see browser traffic
as HTTP. I've trying a small header with same result.

I find that I can only get into PROTOCOLS within the EDIT/PREFERENCES menus sometimes. It looks like a bug. It will not
work unless I have capture running and then only sometimes. I understand that I need to have TCP and HTTP settings
within Protocols.

Is there some config reason for this ? I'm running this on Windows XP.