Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: Problem Compiling Wireshark under Win32

From: Ed Beroset <beroset () mindspring com>
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2010 11:13:44 -0400 (EDT)

Fox-Moore Ben wrote:
I had a "vcredist_x86.exe is missing" error which I fixed by download vcredist_x86.exe and putting it in
C:\wireshark-win32-libs, however I now get another error:

tools/win32-setup.sh: line 10: sed: command not found

Here's the problem.  If you look at tools/win32-setup.sh you'll see that it requires sed.  Easily fixed by using
cygwin's setup facility and installing sed.  Also, for what it's worth, I came across a similar kind of problem
recently in which I ultimately discovered that the problem was that I had recently installed WinARM (ARM processor
tools for Windows) and because of where it was in the path, win-setup.sh was attempting to use the mkdir facility in
that toolchain (which would seem to work but not actually create a directory!).  I found that pretty quickly by using
"which mkdir" at the Windows command line and then manually altering the path.

Ed