Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: Seg Fault - Creating new wiretap type

From: Stephen Fisher <steve () stephen-fisher com>
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2010 13:16:47 -0600

On Thu, Oct 21, 2010 at 05:03:12AM -0700, Alex Lindberg wrote:

When trying to read the first line during the initial myfile_open
routine, the file_gets or file_read fail with a segmentation fault. If
I do my own fopen for the filename, all is good, but when using
wth->fh, it fails.  I have copied the format found in other wiretap/*c
files and don't see my error.

Have you run it through a debugger?  The file handle may not be a valid
pointer for some reason.