Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: Wireshark or protocol bug? (HTTP MIME multipart)

From: Jaap Keuter <jaap.keuter () xs4all nl>
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2010 15:30:21 +0200

Hi,

I see no problem here. It loads fine in Wireshark 1.4.1.

What
I do see, and which is a bug in Wireshark, is that it doesn't treat it
as multipart/mixed, as stated in RFC 2046, Section 5.1.3:

 Any
"multipart" subtypes that an implementation does not recognize
 must be
treated as being of subtype "mixed".

Thanks,
Jaap