Wireshark mailing list archives

Replying to mail when you receive a mailing list in digest form

From: Guy Harris <guy () alum mit edu>
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2010 15:25:52 -0700

On Oct 27, 2010, at 2:38 PM, Wojkovich, Richard wrote:

Thanks, my apology.

I presume you're replying to the response to "SNMP Mibs for Cisco? how to use them on WUG 11.0.1"; note that, if you
get mail in digest form (for this or any other mailing list), you should

When replying, please edit your Subject line so it is more specific than
"Re: Contents of Wireshark-users digest..."

...or "Re: [Wireshark-users] Wireshark-users Digest, Vol 53, Issue 21" or something such as that, and also edit the
reply to remove all the *other* messages in the digest.

(Yes, this makes replying to digest messages take extra effort; that's one reason why I will probably never ever
request digests for any mailing list I'm on - the other is that *reading* the digest messages take extra effort for me.
 I guess, for some people, it takes *less* effort to read a digest than to deal with individual messages.)