Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: Find Ethernet settings on wireshark

From: Jaap Keuter <jaap.keuter () xs4all nl>
Date: Fri, 03 Sep 2010 13:56:56 +0200

Hi,

That kind of information is not available in the Wireshark
capture. It's only present in the Ethernet MAC Phy, and the MIB of a
managed interface.

Thanks,
Jaap

On Fri, 3 Sep 2010 11:36:28 +0100,
"Cabral, Rui"  wrote:

Hi all,

I am a beginner to wireshark. I have
look at the manual and some tutorial videos but I can not find what I
need.

I have a Printer connected to a Switch (unmanaged) which is
connected to another unmanaged switch where I have all my PC's also
connected..
So it looks like Printer > Switch1 >Switch2 < Pc

captures the traffic in order to try to find in what speed/mode 100MB
Full or Half Duplex is the printer communicating with the switch. Where
to check this on the trace?

I also would like to know if its possible
to perform a word search on a trace file. If I would like to find all
words matching "authentication" how would I do.

Thanks

RUI CABRAL