Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: composite tvbuffs

From: Stephen Fisher <steve () stephen-fisher com>
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2010 18:22:43 -0600

On Fri, Sep 24, 2010 at 01:12:17PM -0700, Scott Mueller wrote:

I have messages that are split up on a size boundary

What exactly do you mean?  That within a captured packet in Wireshark,
each message you need to dissect starts a certain byte positions or...?

This is great, because I then pass this into tvb_new_real_data and
then dissect those "large" tvbuffs.

Or do they need to be reassembled across multiple packets?

Searching through the tvbuff.h header led me to the tvb_*composite*
functions. Further searches on those functions resulted in an
uncertainty as to whether or not these work.

I started to try using those quite a while back and didn't determine
that they worked either, but I ended up needing to do my code a
different way anyway.