Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: rs485

From: k3.sail () bossmail de
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2010 12:44:53 +0200

        I have a similar problem. I want to be able to capture packets received from an ATM card. Is there a
documentation available how-to enhance libpcap to be able to decode higher level messages in Wireshark (e.g. receiving
AAL-2 packets from the ATM card driver, reassembling the framing protocol and sending RLC/MAC frames to wireshark or
something like this)? What are the main steps, what would you recommend to start with, how are Wireshark and libpcap
interworking, is an implementation already available??