Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: was: Adding Files to Wireshark (new developer)

From: "Chaswi Przellczyk" <cp70 () gmx de>
Date: Fri, 01 Apr 2011 10:00:28 +0200

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
Datum: Thu, 31 Mar 2011 12:01:20 -0400
Von: Fulko Hew <fulko.hew () gmail com>
An: Developer support list for Wireshark <wireshark-dev () wireshark org>
CC: Chaswi Przellczyk <cp70 () gmx de>
Betreff: Re: [Wireshark-dev] (no subject)

On Thu, Mar 31, 2011 at 11:52 AM, Chaswi Przellczyk <cp70 () gmx de> wrote:

Dear Anders,

I'm feeling a bit silly here, since "wireshark trunk" only makes sense
me in using the trunk-branch of wireshark to do that and I have found
three
of those
   * 1.5 (unstable) trunk
   * 1.4 (stable) trunk
   * 1.2 (old stable) trunk

But unfortunately I'm unable to find out what you really mean. Sorry.

1.5 is the 'next' version where all new features are being added and
tested
(and thats why its unstable)
1.4 is the 'current' release tree - bug fixes only (thats why its stable)
1.2 was the 'previous' stable version