Wireshark mailing list archives

Error: invalid command name "errOut"

From: Vinay Kumar <vinaykumar.l () globaledgesoft com>
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2011 10:55:51 +0530

Hi All,

I am getting following Wireshark error during TCLSim Setup for Analyzer:

*/invalid command name "errOut"
invalid command name "errOut"
   while executing
"errOut "Error in $ANALYZER_BIN_DIR/tshark.exe -D command. This may occur because Wireshark has never executed and had the Preference information saved..."
   invoked from within
"if [catch {exec $ANALYZER_BIN_DIR/tshark.exe -D} ALL_INTERFACE] {
errOut "Error in $ANALYZER_BIN_DIR/tshark.exe -D command. This may occur ..."
   ("wireshark" arm line 16)
   invoked from within
"switch $module {
           ethereal {
               # Source global variables
           global ANALYZER_BIN_DIR
               if {$ANALYZER_BIN_DIR == ""} {
                       tk_messageBox -par..."
   (procedure "SelectAnalyzerInterface" line 3)
   invoked from within
"SelectAnalyzerInterface $ANALYZER_PARSER"
   invoked from within
".setup.notebook.fSEC.frame1.analyzerFrame.captButton invoke"
   ("uplevel" body line 1)
   invoked from within
"uplevel #0 [list $w invoke]"
   (procedure "tk::ButtonUp" line 24)
   invoked from within
"tk::ButtonUp .setup.notebook.fSEC.frame1.analyzerFrame.captButton"
   (command bound to event)/*

The version of Wireshark Used is *0.99.7*. Please let me know the reason for getting this error and changes in Wireshark settings required.

Thanks & Best Regards,
Vinay