Wireshark mailing list archives

Strange problem

From: Someone Somebody <temp4746 () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2011 20:24:59 +0300

Hi,
I have a strange problem with my network.
I noticed it during a long download , my connection falls for a second and
then goes back up (happens on all computers both wired and wireless). Which
also kills the download (non-resumable server) checking in wireshark and the
windows event logs it seems the router is sending a dhcp nak (dhcp
nack) which doesn't seem normal to me. and then the computer redoes the dhcp
request/discovery process.

There are no conflicting IP's in the router settings, and the router is the
only dhcp server on the network and all the computers and devices are
connected directly to it.

It looks to me like this router is faulty, since my ISP says everything
looks good on their side. but I just want to make sure that this is really
it, what is your opinion.
The capture is to big to upload, I had to wait for it to disconnect + I
don't want revealing personal data from it.

My router is a dgn2200v2 (Some OEM ISP nonsense).