Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: Installer missing ZLib1.DLL

From: "Chaswi Przellczyk" <cp70 () gmx de>
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2011 10:51:18 +0200

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
Datum: Thu, 21 Apr 2011 10:04:10 +0200
Von: "Chaswi Przellczyk" <cp70 () gmx de>
An: Developer support list for Wireshark <wireshark-dev () wireshark org>
Betreff: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Installer missing ZLib1.DLL

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
Datum: Wed, 20 Apr 2011 14:21:28 +0000 (UTC)
Von: Chris Maynard <chris.maynard () gtech com>
An: wireshark-dev () wireshark org

Chaswi Przellczyk <cp70@...> writes:

after successfully building a custom wireshark I also built an
installer. The
installer works fine, but
when starting Wireshark, the system complains about ZLib1.DLL missing.
After
copying that file to the
installation-dir, everything is fine. Can I configure the
installation-creation-procedure such,
that ZLib1.DLL is included in the install?

The wireshark.nsi includes zlib1.dll, so it should be included in the
installer
already.  Which version of Wireshark are you building against and on
what
platform?  Maybe you could try to run the following and see if this
helps?

nmake -f Makefile.nmake setup
nmake -f Makefile.nmake distclean
nmake -f Makefile.nmake all
nmake -f Makefile.nmake packaging

Dear Chris,

thanks for your response. I'm building Version 1.4.4 on WindowsXP. I
received the source in tar.bz2-packaged form. The ZIP is dated on 25.03.2011.

I'll try your suggestions and get back with results.

Thanks!
CP.

Hi Chris,

coming back with results. After performing the 4 steps outlined above I reinstalled on my VirtualBox (another WinXP)
with the same results as before. Nothing has changed.

Thanks for the effort, though.

Regards,
CP.