Wireshark mailing list archives

submitting plugin for inclusion in wireshark

From: Naveen <dear.chap () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2011 18:40:42 -0400

Hi All
I am the current maintainer of the protobuf plugin for wireshark
http://code.google.com/p/protobuf-wireshark/
 I have made some significant changes in latest version which make it
general enough to parse and register protobuf messages at runtime as opposed
to having to generate a new dissector for each new message. I want to submit
this for inclusion in wireshark. How do I go about this ? One of the
problems is that the dissector is a mix of C and C++. The proto registration
etc is in C whereas the protobuf message parsing/field
registration/dissection is in C++. So there is one C file and one C++
file(and header files). How does one go about integrating this with existing
wireshark build ? Does wireshark support mixed C/C++ plugins ? Right now we
compile the C++ glue code externally and place the object file in
wireshark/plugins/protobuf directory along with C file. Makefile.am has been
changed to pick up the C++ object file and C object and make the final .so
file.
 Naveen