Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: Network data mining

From: Jaap Keuter <jaap.keuter () xs4all nl>
Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2011 18:31:05 +0200

Hi,

There are two README's of interest to you:
README.plugin
README.developer

And the other plugin directories of course.

Thanks,
Jaap

Send from my iPhone

On 11 aug. 2011, at 06:36, David Corrales <corrales.david () gmail com> wrote:

Hi everyone,

I'm studying the possibility of writing a Wireshark plugin to do network data mining for a thesis work. It would
basically go through the filtered packets and analyze them using a given set of methods. This way I get to use the
functionality of filtering and sorting already embedded for free :) and it's much more consistent with the rest of
the user experience.

I'm knowledgeable with C, networking and Linux so that shouldn't be an entry barrier. I've already successfully
compiled and fired Wireshark on my laptop.

Having said that, I have never done any coding for the Wireshark project so... what would be your advice to start
this project?

Regards,
-David