Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: Time shift patch causes compile error

From: Martin Kaiser <lists () kaiser cx>
Date: Sun, 14 Aug 2011 20:34:44 +0200

Thus wrote Stig Bjørlykke (stig () bjorlykke org):

I don't know this code, or truncl() vs. floorl(), but maybe we just
should use floorl() on all platforms?
Then we at least get the same behavior.

Haven't looked into that before things stopped compiling today ;-)

gtk/time_shift_dlg.c is the only file where floorl()/truncl() are used.

http://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/gcc/Other-Builtins.html says

There are also built-in versions of the ISO C99 functions
... [list of functions, floorl() is in the list, truncl() isn't] ...
that are recognized in any mode since ISO C90 reserves these
names for the purpose to which ISO C99 puts them.

gcc doesn't get any parameters for a specific mode when I compile wireshark.

floorl() may be the better choice...