Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: [Wireshark-commits] rev 38522: /trunk/gtk/ /trunk/gtk/: capture_dlg.c

From: Michael Tüxen <Michael.Tuexen () lurchi franken de>
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2011 22:41:58 +0200

On Aug 15, 2011, at 9:20 AM, Stig Bjørlykke wrote:

On Sun, Aug 14, 2011 at 1:03 PM, Michael Tüxen
<Michael.Tuexen () lurchi franken de> wrote:
* I get wrong link-layer for some of my remote (rpcap) devices.  This
 used to work before.

I'm still having issues with this one.  The link-layer is now correct
in the interfaces list, but the one listed is not the one used when
starting capture.  Going into the interface settings and pressing Ok
sets correct link-layer for the device.

This only happens for interfaces which does not have link-layer
'Ethernet', as this is the link-layer used by default.
Hmm. Can you retest with r38548?

I hope it fixes the issue. If not, can you set the console.log.level in
the preferences to 255 and provide the output for the two cases:
One time when it is OK, one time when the problem shows up.

Thanks!

Best regards
Michael

--