Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: Ksplice: Coffee shop Internet access

From: Guy Harris <guy () alum mit edu>
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2011 01:16:03 -0800

On Jan 18, 2011, at 11:29 PM, Jaap Keuter wrote:

This is an interesting, well written article on using Wireshark to understand what happens when you use Coffee shop
Internet access.
http://blog.ksplice.com/2011/01/coffee-shop-internet-access/

"Client MAC address: Apple_8f:95:3f"?  I hope the GNOME on Ubuntu can cope with only having one trackpad button.... :-)

The author, Jessica McKellar, wrote some more articles on networking and using Wireshark.
http://blog.ksplice.com/author/jesstess/

And, as for

        http://blog.ksplice.com/2010/09/hijacking-http-traffic-on-your-home-subnet-using-arp-and-iptables/

all I have to say about the spoofing machine is "careful what/you carry...":

        https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/wiki/Kid_Charlemagne