Wireshark mailing list archives

Wireshark v1.7.0 build issue with MSVC 2005

From: Pradip Biswas <pradip_biswas () polarisnetworks net>
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2011 11:21:28 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,
I tried building the latest 1.7.0 code on WinXP (32-bit) and Win7 (64-bit) both
having MSVC 2005. I am stuck with the error "'ml': is not recognized as an
internal or external command, operable program or batch file" almost at the
beginning of "nmake -f Makefile.nmake all."

Do I need to do something special to get past this issue? I searched for ml.exe
in the MSVC installation folder, I did not find anything there. Though there is
a file called ml64.exe. I have not installed either the VC run-time
Redistributable package nor the PSDK. Do I need any of those?

Regards,
Pradip