Wireshark mailing list archives

Ethernet FCS not verified

From: Martin Isaksson <martin.isaksson () ericsson com>
Date: Mon, 4 Jul 2011 17:53:37 +0200

Hi all,

I am trying to verify the Ethernet FCS in different versions of Wireshark.

In later Wireshark versions the FCS is not verified. First it's being classified as a trailer - it doesn't work even if
I use the "Assume packets have FCS" option.
In earlier Wireshark versions the FCS is calculated and it tells me if it is incorrect.

I have tried with the following versions.

Not working - Version 1.7.0-SVN-37799 (Linux)
Not working - Version 1.6.0 (SVN Rev 37592 from /trunk-1.6) (Windows)

Working - Version 1.4.2 (Linux)

Is there something I need to do..?

Thank you!

Kind regards,