Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: Wireshark 1.6.0 - Support for this feature was not compiled into this version of Wireshark

From: Andrew Hood <ajhood () fl net au>
Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2011 09:40:00 +1000

Bilig Oyun wrote:
Hi,

I apologize if this has been asked before. Search didn't yield anything. I'm using Wireshark 1.6.0 on Win 7 64-bit
Enterprise.

I'm trying to resolve the SNMP OIDs into the name in a capture. I used to be able to do this in older version of
Wireshark by going to the "Preference" -> "Name Resolution" and enable the "SMI Module and Path" as well as "Enable
OID resolution" and load my MIB (enterprise MIB).

But with this new version, those options are marked as "N/A" and if I hover the mouse over the option, I get "Support
for this feature was not compiled into this version of Wireshark".

Is this feature discontinued? If not, how do I get this back on 1.6.0? Or do I have to download and install older
version?

There is at present no 64-bit windows version of libsmi.

The 32-bit version of Wireshark should run on 64-bit windows and has
libsmi included. The worst case would be copy the pcap to any other
platform where Wireshark runs (Win32, Linux, etc.) and decode there.

Andrew
--
                -- Dr. Who