Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: Wireshark and Vlan

From: Stephen Fisher <steve () stephen-fisher com>
Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2011 09:35:05 -0700

On Tue, Mar 01, 2011 at 03:04:20PM +0100, Giuseppe Montanarella wrote:

If I configure the Vlan ID on my PC and I connect to a tagged port (
On Enetrasys Switch ) I am able to navigate but I can't see any 802.1Q
information on Wireshark.

If Wireshark is receiving the VLAN tagged frames, it will show them
automatically.  Have you looked at this document for information on
setting it up in the operating system?
http://wiki.wireshark.org/CaptureSetup/VLAN