Wireshark mailing list archives

Deciding a packet as malformed entity

From: Krishnamurthy Mayya <krishnamurthymayya () gmail com>
Date: Sun, 6 Nov 2011 21:47:03 -0500

Hi all,
  When we use a new module which we have written and add it to the
wireshark and then test using a captured <pcap> file if some packets are
decoded properly and the others coming malformed listing the protocol name
which we have not even touched, what shall we conclude??? Is the captured
file problem or the included module problem??
  OR
  what are the possible situations when you conclude that packet captured
itself is not proper?? (By 'positively' assuming that the plugin is causing
any problem).

Thanks and regards,

Nikitha Malgi
Krishnamurthy Mayya