Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: Debugging on Windows

From: Andreas Sikkema <h323 () ramdyne nl>
Date: Sat, 12 Nov 2011 17:35:04 +0100

The debugger with VC EE works just fine; I use it all the time.

After building Wireshark in the usual manner, just start VC and do File
! Open ! Project/Solution on the wireshark exe (in ...\wireshark-gtk2
and you'll have symbols and everything).

(Note: Wireshark builds with VC2008 but VC2010 should also be OK).

I assumed the whole VC EE was just a bare compiler and linker and never
even checked out what else was installed..

Been away from compilers for way to long ;-)

Thanks!

--
Andreas Sikkema