Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: RTCP: Filtering SDES items in 'tshark'

From: Guy Harris <guy () alum mit edu>
Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2011 18:08:49 -0800

On Nov 15, 2011, at 4:52 PM, Martin Thorpe wrote:

I've upgraded wireshark from 1.2 (CentOS 6 x64) to version 1.7.1 in order to use the command extension that Jaap
kindly highlighted below; and now when I run the following trace I get the "Mysql protocol dissector: all fields
should be little endian" bug:

** (process:31148): WARNING **: Dissector bug, protocol MySQL, in packet 377: proto.c:2508: failed assertion
"hfinfo->type == FT_STRING || hfinfo->type == FT_STRINGZ"

That's not the "Mysql protocol dissector: all fields should be little endian", that's the "Mysql protocol dissector:
adding a non-FT_STRING or non-FT_STRINGZ field with proto_tree_add_string() is an error" bug.  I just checked in a fix
for at least one instance of that bug.

This scrolls up the screen, there were no errors during the build compilation process?

Unfortunately, the build process doesn't catch all forms of incorrect code, so....

Any help would be appreciated

There's no 1.7.1 release (the current development release is 1.7.0), so presumably "I've upgraded wireshark from 1.2
(CentOS 6 x64) to version 1.7.1" means "I built Wireshark from the Subversion trunk"; update to the current
top-of-trunk and rebuild.