Wireshark mailing list archives

Determine Streaming Problem

From: alex southern <alexander.southern () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 3 Nov 2011 20:05:37 -0400

I recently switched to a new ISP and now any video streams that I watch end
up buffering.  Both ISP's are resellers of the same network (Bell Canada)
and the ISP claims that the speed is the same.  Online speed tests confirm
that the speed looks okay, but video streams always buffer now (they very
rarely did before) and downloading is much slower.  How can determine the
source of the problem using WireShark?  Is there a particular
capture+analysis I could run and forward to the ISP to show them that there
is a problem (I suspect there might be some throttling going on somewhere
since the problem is more noticeable during peak hours).
Thanks.