Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: misleading description on Wireshark Download page

From: Chris Maynard <Chris.Maynard () gtech com>
Date: Sat, 5 Nov 2011 02:44:53 +0000 (UTC)

Balint Reczey <balint.reczey@...> writes:

Why not release a new dev release (based on trunk) to each new release
of 1.6.x/1.4.x ?
Why should we? The svn repository is public.

Perhaps so more people could try the development releases without requiring them
to build it themselves?

But that said, I'm not sure a 1-1 development-to-stable release schedule is
necessarily the right way to go either since there may be features in progress
on the development branch that aren't ready for prime-time when a new stable
release is made.

- Chris