Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: ISDN Layer 3 decode

From: Stephen Fisher <steve () stephen-fisher com>
Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2011 15:37:01 -0600

On Fri, Oct 21, 2011 at 10:27:26PM +0100, Keith French wrote:

It does have an Export option to Ethereal, but all packets show up as
malformed.

Maybe the dissector needs to be fixed?  If Wireshark is reading it, the
file format should be OK and is presumably a standard libpcap style
file.

It can be saved in its own format (which I would think is highly
protected) being a commercial product, or in CSV or Text. The other
analyser I mentioned that uses Wireshark saves its D channel decodes
in TRC format.

On occasion, commercial software document their file format very well,
such as TamoSoft's CommView:
http://www.tamos.com/htmlhelp/commview/logformat.htm which made it very
easy to extend Wireshark :)