Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: core dump on starting wireshark (latest SVN update 39266?)

From: Jeff Morriss <jeff.morriss.ws () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 06 Oct 2011 09:08:36 -0400

Kaul wrote:
It was actually the ~/.wireshark/recent_common that caused this - and when you'll look at it, it's obvious why - though I have no clue how I got to this situation.

Is it possible the very first core you got was like mine--while writing the recent file? (Do you have all the old cores around? A quick backtrace on each would tell.)