Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: TDS question

From: Stephen Fisher <steve () stephen-fisher com>
Date: Thu, 6 Oct 2011 11:35:14 -0600

On Thu, Oct 06, 2011 at 01:13:21PM -0400, János Löbb wrote:

but I do not know if Wireshark is presenting it that way on my Intel
based Mac.... or not.

Wireshark shows you the bytes in the order received on the wire when
looking at the hex display.  The order to interpret the bytes in for a
particular field depends on the protocol.  The byte order of the machine
you're running Wireshark on only affects how the data structures are
stored internally and Wireshark will convert as necessary (i.e. little
endian to host endian type functions).